Thursday, February 3, 2011

Our Dogs

I was just thinking that I do talk about one of our dogs a lot when it comes to geocaching.  He goes with me a lot when I go caching.  His name is Rusty Fox.  He is a pure-bred Shiba Inu. He is about 15 months old.  We got him a little over a year ago and he has really turned into my companion.  He loves to go for walks and really enjoys the outdoors.  He keeps up with me the whole time we are out.  Doesn't matter how far we hike.  When I placed the H.A.C. -Life Scout (GC2H1CT) he tried to keep up and go where ever I went.  Since that cache is on top of a large bolder and you have to climb about 20 feet to reach the top, he tried to climb right up with me.  I had tied his leash to a tree so he would stay down but he still managed to get about half way up before he ran out of leash to go any further.  We somethings think he is a "reindeer".  He can jump really high when he wants to.  Many times he has made it over our fence in our yard.  Here is a photo of Rusty:






Our other dog is a pure-bred pug.  His name is Frank.  Frank is a little over 6 years old.  He's not quite the outdoors type but he does like to go for walks.  He likes walking in town though and not out in the forest.  Pugs drink quite a bit of water and due to there smashed in faces you have to really watch to make sure they do not get over heated.  He's more of the inside dog and just enjoys laying next to you.  He really like people paying attention to him and enjoys laying down next to you.  I don't take him caching very often.  He does like to go for car rides though.  Last fall he got sick and we took him to the vet and found out he is diabetic.  Which ment a big change.  We have to give him special food and make sure he doesn't get into the other dog food or the cat food.  We have to give him shots twice a day.  Here is a photo of Frank:





Again, I talk about Rusty a lot when I talk about caching.  He goes just about every where with me, so I figured I should introduce everyone to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment