Monday, April 4, 2011

Hanover Bluffs

This past weekend I went on a little road trip to go around and look for a few terracaches and a few geocaches.  I 'm not sure how I got as far into Illinois as I did, but sometimes you just get going and notice another cache on the map that looks interesting.  I really enjoyed this terracache called Hanover Bluffs.  Also in the are is a geocache called Hanover Bluffs (GC).  In the Hanover Bluffs area there was a geo pretty close to the parking area and the terracache was pretty far into the area.

I got a kick out of this sign as I started down the trail.


At this point in time I wasn't sure where you could swim.  But as I got deeper into the area I did find a lake that I think they where talking about.  I also found this little spot and decided to do a little skinny dipping.  J/K
As I kept following the path, which seemed just to go downhill the whole time.  I finally made it to a spot where I had to do some climbing to get to ground zero.  Normally I would play billy goat but   I had a head cold and every time I went up 10 feet up the hill I had to stop and catch my breath.  Once I made it to ground zero, There was a lot of places to look.  I spend the next 20 minutes looking for the cache but wasn't able to find the cache.  Finally I decided to sit down for a bit and just relax.  As I was sitting there, I looked over and noticed something, and sure enough it was the cache.  I looked threw the logbook for a bit, and then signed it.  I rehid the cache and started back down the the trail.  I wanted to explore the area a bit more, and was walking along on the edge of the trail and almost tripped over a benchmark.

After that I walked around on the trails a bit and found where they where talking about no swimming.  Finally it was time to head back to the car.  Now since I went down hill the entire time on the way in, sure enough it was up hill the whole way out.  But I really enjoyed this hunt.  I just wish I wouldn't of had a head cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment